Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A Message from a New Blog Gardener

Hi everyone, this is a message from the new 'gardener' hired to maintain the blog (I'm the one who has decided to name himself C.Yang on this blog). I've gotten some easy tasks out of the way, such as updating info on upcoming events in the previous entries. The next 2 tasks have left me scratching my head a little.

First, we would like to pay tribute to efforts of the 2 VJC guys who has just left us: Eugene Y. and Nicolas P. You guys did a great job organizing the oral sessions and games sessions. Sadly, some of us did not get a chance to get to know you guys that well. (I'm of couse speaking as someone from this group) Therefore, I may not be the best person to write an appreciation piece for you guys. So can anyone out there send me the most / least flattering photos /descriptions /biographies / roasts of these 2 guys? I will put it together and post it once ready. If you guys do not hear about this again, then: Eugene and Nicholas, this is all to your tribute. :-P

Second, we have an objective of keeping the blog lively so that everyone expect to see something new on the blog every week. This can help us bond together and forge a Yuying SHG spirit. (These are Jimmy's wishes, which we probably all agree with) Some of us probably have some fantastic opinions on how to go about this. Therefore, please share your ideas.

One thing that perhaps we can start out with is to have everyone be able to write on this blog. If you like authorship permission, just mention that to me or Jimmy. Or if you have a rambling post (like this one I'm writing) which you feel contains 'bo liao' material, and emailiing everyone is spamming, then you can also send it to me to publish. I guess the only condition for any posts on this blog is that it must be linked to SHG activities (however loose the link).

C.Yang

Follow-up on group blogging
For group blogging, if you're logged in as the admin, you can add other authors by clicking the tabs in this order: Settings -> Permissions -> under 'Blog Authours', click on 'Add authors'.

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I believe that in order for you to be added as another author, you need to have a Blogspot or a Google account (not necessarily under a google email address; in fact, my google account is under a yahoo email address)

If you would like your Blogger/Google account to be added as an author to this blog, just send an email telling us the email address you use.

No comments: